Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Blessing, so to speak

I just found out two days ago that I have thyroid cancer. It's papillary. The best kind you can have. Highest cure rate, slowest growing, and I'm sure there are a lot of other characteristics for which I should be thankful. My feelings: still sorting through them, but all in all I think I actually feel pretty lucky because of all the cancers to have, this may be the best. I know that sounds crazy...'best cancer'...but, I read somewhere that if you had to pick a cancer, that this might be the one you'd want. So, I'm going to try to look at it as a blessing, or good fortune, or whatever else I can come up with to be positive right now.


Although I was somewhat shocked to hear this, I was also not that surprised because I knew I had not been feeling well/right for the past 6 months or maybe more. I believe that if we listen to our bodies...they will give us critical clues to managing our health and wellness. Therefore, I'd like to sort of keep track of what it is that I'm feeling along this process. Who knows, maybe it will help someone else who may be having similar symptoms actually go and get checked out as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment