Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Big Fat Thyroid's expiration date

Wow, once that ball gets rolling...it goes fast! I got the word today on the date of my surgery. It's currently set for next Friday...Jan. 9th. Seemed sort of fast to me. I mean, I know I've had a little time now to digest the news and research the informational highway and draw all sorts of conclusions about how things should go, but I was expecting a little more time to anticipate the date. I guess it's sort of like planning to have kids...are you ever ready? My guess is no.

So therefore, tonight I will say goodbye to 2008 and to that rotten cancer in my thyroid. Sorry you gotta go as well, thyroid...but it's best we end things before they get bad. I will start a new year with optimism and hope and more than ready to welcome another chance I've been given to make better choices when it comes to my health. I'm still focusing on the positive and I am so blessed and thankful for my husband, who reminds me of the things that are important to worry about and those which are not.

Bring on 2009!...thyroid or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment