Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bit by bit...

It's week 2 back at work and I think that bit by bit, things are getting better. I'll be the first to admit that last week kicked my ass. And, last night after I got home was no picnic. However, although I can't quite articulate the difference...I feel better than I did this time last week. And, I think that I am improving bit by bit each day.

My energy levels are still unpredictable and some days are better than others. Maybe it's knowing that right now, my lab work is looking like my dosage of Levoxyl is on target, even though it's too early to tell. Maybe it's being back at work and feeling productive and needed. Whatever it is...placebo or reality, I'm thankful. I feel pretty good today, anyway. I may not tomorrow, or the next day, but I am thankful for today at least, and I will try to remember it during my next bad day.

It seems this too is just like eating an elephant: It is impossible to eat the whole thing at once. You have to do it a bite at a time. You know...not that anyone would ever want to...but, if you ever find yourself in the situation of having to eat one. Sort of like my cancer...not that anyone ever wants cancer...but, if you have to pick one to have...pick papillary thyroid cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment