Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Where I am

I am...a little over a week from starting my much dreaded low iodine diet. Commercially prepared baked goods and bread are not allowed due to iodate/iodine conditioners that are often added to the dough. One of my good friend's husbands has made some homemade bread for me. In fact, I was given a loaf today and it is quite splendid. I'm not looking forward to this diet, but I feel much better after learning that I will be getting Thyrogen injections, thus eliminating the need to discontinue my Levoxyl and become hypothyroid. So, while I'm not looking forward to it, I'm also not in angst about it.

I am...going to be receiving my radioactive iodine in a little less than a month. I was planning on staying at a hotel that weekend because of my 4 yr. old. However, I was having some ethical issues with this due to the fact that housekeeping would not know how to properly clean up after me (keeping my laundry separate and washing it twice). Another friend offered up her lake house to me for the weekend. Which I gratefully accepted. I will be able to properly clean after myself thus eliminating potential accidental contamination of others who come behind me. It really doesn't entail that much extra...just double wash stuff that your secretions may come in contact with. So, again...no angst.

I am...feeling much better than a couple of weeks ago. I'm back to work full time with call and so far, so good. I'm still exhausted, but not like those first couple of weeks. I can at least keep one foot in front of the other these days and plug along. My low back is increasingly hurting and I have frequent headaches. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything...but, it's what I'm currently experiencing. Also, my legs are cramping less, but still cramping badly.

I am...eating much better, but gaining weight. Very discouraging, but at least I'm eating better.

Where I am these days is with lots of friends and all in all in a very good place. I'm thankful to be where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment