Saturday, January 17, 2009

It was a very good day...for thyroidless girls.

You have to sort of say that title to the tune of Frank Sinatra's "It was a very good year...". Anyway, it was. I woke up well, folded some clothes, did some laundry, talked to a couple of friends on the phone, then after a very long nap, helped to take down the Christmas tree. And, sort of kind of threw some dinner together for the fam.

I'm so appreciative of these good days when they occur. I'm trying to put a pattern to them, but so far I cannot. I thought, perhaps it's sleeping better at night that does it...but, that can't be true because last night I barely slept. I thought it was the time between my morning dose of Synthroid and when I eat. But, I've waited both 30 minutes, and 60 minutes. No difference. And, the only other medication I'm taking when I do eat, is/was my antibiotic, and sometimes Tylenol.

I'm thinking it might be mental. Just having someone else around in the mornings sort of gets me going. The simple and basic need of human interaction. I mean, after all...I'm used to being at work by 6:30am and not only interacting with people, but taking care of them. It's times like these, when I know that staying home is what I'm required to do at present, that I don't think I'll do well whenever I do retire. 'Purpose' is a basic need for my psyche. I just need to convince my mind that rest does not equal no purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Human interaction, especially from someone who actually cares somewhat can be a big motivator in life, especially at 6:30 am when things are moving so fast yet.

    When it comes to resting my face lights up, but at the same time I do view it in the same light as 'things deemed as unproductive'. I believe we're so used to being on the go and occupied with a task that rest just doesn't seem to fit in with our daily pace and gets looked at as being a waste when it's much needed. Definitely some trickery required...
    [ :-)]

    ReplyDelete