Thursday, January 8, 2009

Surgery tomorrow

Tomorrow is arriving much sooner than I expected. It's been a fast and full week. But, tomorrow is my thyroidectomy and, I'm guessing things might be going a little more slowly for me for a while after that.

Today, I had another ultrasound of my neck to determine if there were lymph nodes that were enlarged as well. It did show that in fact there were lymph nodes on both sides involved. At this point, I don't know what that means for me, exactly. I can speculate. But, I've decided not to. Over the past month or more, I have come home after tests and diagnoses and doctor's visits and put together my own medical knowledge and researched the internet and spent hours speculating what each little piece of information might mean. And, simply...I'm tired of it. I am going to sit back and be a patient, patient tomorrow. Or, at least I'm going to give it a helluva shot.

More to come....post-thyroidectomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment