Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thyroid symptom or not?

I've noticed this new symptom lately when eating/chewing something. It feels as though the muscles just under my mandible (lower jaw) become fatigued while chewing just a short while, as though I were chewing a tough piece of steak or something for an extended period of time. Almost as though the accessory muscles I'm using to chew just can't quite help as they should or something. I don't know if it has anything to do with my thyroid or not, but I've never felt that before...unless I were trying to chew a really tough piece of steak...for an extended period of time.

I've tried to do a search to see if that's a reported symptom or anything, but I've yet to find it. Perhaps I've become so lazy that I don't even want to chew anymore. At any rate, just an interesting observation I've noticed lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment